Whether you are planning to create lean muscles, want to strengthen the core, and add some low impact workout to your routines; Pilates can help in each and every condition. In general terms, Pilates are capable enough to strengthen and stabilize your core; experts believe that this is the essential element of fitness regime. Beginners at this stage might be more interested in collecting detailed information about Pilates. Well, you are on the right page; go through the article below to update your knowledge base:
What is Pilates?
Pilates is a special kind of mind-body exercise that involves a specific series of controlled and thoughtful exercises to stabilize and strengthen your core. The prime goal of Pilate routines is to teach muscles inside your body to behave like a trunk of the large oak tree. When all the branches (limbs) are moving around, the trunk (core of the body) must stay anchored and strong to support the whole system. It is possible only if your powerhouse is working efficiently and the powerhouse, in this case, is the combination of muscles on the top of the hips ranging to the bottom of the ribs.
There are two methods to do Pilates: the first type is performed on mat whereas other is done with the help of machines. Here Pilates mat is of prime concern as such routines are more powerful and efficient to boost the strength of your whole body. In this case, the person makes use of his own body weight to create resistance. The new students may often get confused on the reformer without being aware of the basics. The control mechanism appears quite difficult for the learners on machines. That is why experts always advise starting with regular Pilates practice on the mat.
Note that, mat Pilates is not just for beginners; the experienced practitioners can take it to more challenging levels by using advanced exercises on the same platform. Some other tools can be also added to enhance the workout intensity; one can use straps, blocks, discs, and balls as well.
Benefits of Pilates:
There is no doubt to say that Pilates is an extremely controlled and specific range of motions; hence it is considered as an effective mind-body exercise. There are countless benefits that one can avail by doing Pilates in routine; few of them are listed below:
- It helps to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Pilates improve body alignment and posture as well.
- It is the best way to boost mind-body awareness.
- Boost flexibility.
- Pilates is useful for creating long, lean muscles.
- This excellent workout idea also prevents your body from injuries.
- Can strengthen core muscles without any side effect.
Safety instruction to perform Pilates:
- As a beginner, it is always good to find a reliable, qualified and certified instructor to learn the basics of Pilates.
- Like most other people, do not confuse Pilates with a cardio
- Pilates must be performed in gently fitted clothing.
- Never ever go to the Pilates class with a full
- It is important to buy the best Pilates mat to ensure healthy routines.